When your heart beats too fast, too slowly or randomly, we call it arrhythmia of the heart. This happens when the heart system is not functioning properly.
Types Of Arrhythmia
Arrhythmia is classified in the following way.
- Tachycardia :- When your heart beat start beating more than 100 times 1 minute. We call this situation tachycardia.
- Bradycardia :- When your heartbeat starts beating less than 60 times in 1 minute. This condition is called bradycardia.
- Premature heartbeats :- When your heart beating before its time interval, or it starts beating earlier. This condition is called premature heartbeat.
- Fibrillation :- When your heartbeat starts happening in an uncertain or unexpected way. This condition is called fibrillation.
Cause Of Arrhythmia
There may be several reason for heart arrhythmia.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Too much coffee or nicotine intake.
- Some medications.
- High blood pressure.
- Structural changes in the heart.
- Some dietary.
- And some herbal supplements.
A person with a healthy heart may have arrhythmia unless there is an external trigger or underlying heart problem.
The symptoms of arrhythmias may not necessarily be noticeable. Because its symptoms does not look like a serious problem. This can be detected during regular checkup with your doctor.
- Flapping in the chest.
- Fast heart beat.
- Sloe heart beat.
- Pain in chest.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Stay tired.
- Sweat a lot
- Fainting or near fainting,
Arrhythmia has the following risk-factors
- Thyroid disease
- High blood pressure
- Congenital heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Caffeine or Nicotine intake
- Drinking alcohol
- Drugs supplements.
It is important for you to live a heart-healthy lifestyle to prevent Arrhythmia.
For this you should keep some things in mind.
- Healthy dietary intake related to heart.
- Avoid smoking.
- Limiting or avoiding caffeine and alcohol.
- Keeping healthy weight.
- Staying physically active.
- Reducing the use of cold and cough medicines or over-the-counter medications, etc.
- Reduce stress