When our body is not able to make enough. Insulin or use insulin, then this condition is called Diabetes Type 2.
Type 2 diabetes was called “diabetes in adulthood”, but nowadays this disorder is also found in children. It is the type of metabolic disorder. It is the opposite of type 1 diabetes.
There is no cure for type 2 diabetes but your healthy weight, right food intake at the right time and proper exercise can help manage the disease
if all of the above are not enough to properly manage your blood sugar level, you may also need diabetes medications or insulin.
Cause Of Diabetes
our pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Which works by transporting glucose to our cells from the food we eat, which gives us energy.
But type 2 diabetes makes our pancreatic insulin, but our body is not able to use it. Due to which glucose keeps circulating in our blood and when it becomes high, the level of sugar in the blood also increases, which comes in the from of diabetes type 2.
There are some other factors that cause type 2 diabetes.
- Overweight:- your overweight or obesity can also be the cause of insulin resistance. It is more likely to occur on your abdominal obesity.
- Gene:- According to scientists, some DNA is found in different part of our body, which can cause insulin resistance in our body.
- Liver disease:- your liver also maintains the sugar level in the blood, but in some people due to liver failure or liver disease, it is not able to do its job properly. In this case, the sugar level in your blood can increase or decrease, which can cause type 2 diabetes.
- Wrong signal by cells:- sometimes, cell send the wrong signal or are unable to take massage correctly, which cause your cells to not use insulin or glucose.
- Broken cells:- if the insulin-producing cells sometimes break down, due to which they send out the wrong amount of insulin at the wrong time, which can shut down your blood sugar.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes can a little difficult to detect because its symptoms are very mild. Those who do not get the attention of people soon.
According to a search, about 8 million people, despite suffering from type 2 diabetes, cannot see its symptoms.
You can find out its symptoms with these things.
- Feeling very thirsty
- To be very hungry.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Fall ill again and again.
- Frequent urination.
- Blurry of sight.
- Hoarseness in voice.
- Feeling tired
- Frequent yeast infections.
- No healing of the wound.
- Tingling or numbness in hands and feet
- Having a rash around the throat or armpit (Asanthosis nigricans)
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by understanding its risks and changing your lifestyle.
Here are some tips to prevent the risks of type 2 diabetes. Which can be as follows :-
- Diabetes type 2 can occur at any age but if you are over the age of 45 or suffering from obesity, you should have diabetes checked regularly.
- Manage your weight, because your body’s excess fat, especially belly fat, can increase your resistance to insulin.
- Regular exercise or physical activity reduces your blood sugar levels by controlling your weight, which also improves your blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Use only fresh and homemade ingredients limiting ready made food and processed food.
- Limit your consumption of alcohol and smoking, because your intake may increase your blood pressure and triglyceride levels. Which can cause diabetes type 2 .
- With regular exercise, a balanced diet and a healthy weight, you can balance your blood pressure. Because high blood pressure or low blood pressure can also be a cause of diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes can also be prevented by reducing the risks of heart disease such as obesity and physical inactivity.
- Regularly check your blood sugar, blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.
Test and treatment :-
some tests are done, based on the symptom of diabetes, which are as follows:-
- A1C test:- in this test, the average of your last 2 to 3 months of blood sugar is tested.
- Fasting blood sugar test:- in this test, blood sugar is tested, then the person is kept on an empty stomach for about 8 hours. During this time, you can just drink water.
- Glucose tolerance test:- in this test, blood sugar is checked after 2 hours of your meal.
Diabetes type 2 is treated by taking care of a few things.
- Healthy weight.
- Low carbohydrate food intake.
- Low fat and low calories food intake.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Regular exercise.
- Regular blood sugar testing an insulin-based patient.
Doctors suggest some medicines for the treatment of diabetes type 2, which is as follow
- DPP 4 inhibitors.
- SGLT 2 inhibitors.
- GLP-1 receptor agonists.
There are some risk factors for diabetes type 2, which is as follow.
- Overweight or obesity.
- Being 45 or older.
- Some special communities.
- Family history.
- High blood pressure
- High or low level of HD1 cholesterol or triglycerides.
- In woman, when giving birth to a child who is 9 pounds or overweight.
- In woman, history of gestational diabetes.
- Not physically active.
- History of heart disease or stroke.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome.