In this blog post, we will discuss the Different Types Of Allergies, causes, warning signs, prevention, and treatment of allergies.
Allergy is a common health care condition that occurs when the body’s immune system reacts to any foreign body or allergen. This may be responsible for a variety of reactions in people. The severity of allergies can range from person to person, from mild to life-threatening.
Mostly you have to live with these allergies. But there may be some treatments available to suppress its effects.
What Is An Allergy?
An allergy is an adverse effect of something on the body. That is, an allergy is a condition in which the opposite effect is seen on the body as soon as it comes in contact with anything. Such as sun, plants, dust, scent, medicine, etc. Some people should not sniff fish, some people are allergic to dust and some people are allergic to any medicine.
Today, increasing pollution and smog are damaging our skin. Problems such as itchy skin, blisters, etc. due to pollution are called allergies. There are different kinds of allergies: drug allergy, skin allergy, allergic rhinitis, food allergy, etc.
Due to the entry of an external element into our body, the immune system in the body reacts against it. That is the allergy.
In general, skin allergies are understood more than just allergies. However, allergies come in many forms. Such as skin allergies, allergic rhinitis due to the changing weather, allergic respiratory asthma, skin allergies, food allergies. Some allergies can be very deadly. Especially when bitten by wasps, insects, spiders, orangutans, the body becomes swollen and itchy, which causes difficulty in breathing, chest pain, or burning problems.
Skin allergies include itchy skin, redness, blemishes, and blisters. Also, the skin of the body can come out. Due to which people have many problems.
What Are The Main Causes Of Allergies?
Some of the main causes of allergies are described below:
- The main causes of allergies are dust, smoke, and air pollution. Pets are also allergic to dogs and cats.
- Detergents are one of the most common causes of allergies. Soaps, soap, laundry powder are the most common.
- Allergies to any type of chemical.
- Some people may be allergic to watches. Earrings can also cause allergies. Some people are also allergic to fake jewelry.
- Sometimes people are allergic to certain perfumes.
- Chemicals used in cosmetics also cause blisters and sweat on the skin and redness and swelling of the face.
- In some cases, the effects of other medications can cause itching.
- Allergies are also caused by injections or insect bites.
- Even if you have worms in your stomach, you are allergic.
Dust, climate change, and animal allergies make it difficult to breathe, runny nose, swollen eyes, tears, ringing in the ears, head and neck pain, and nasal congestion.
Food allergies can cause mouth and throat pain and swelling, indigestion, vomiting, ringworm, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. It also causes respiratory problems, coughing, and sneezing.
Drug allergies cause symptoms such as difficulty breathing, redness of the skin, blisters, and sweating.
What are the Different Types Of Allergies?
There are Different Types Of Allergies which include:
|S.N.||Different Types Of Allergies||Symptoms|
|1.||Food Allergy||Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Rashes|
|2.||Skin diseases||Rashes, Hives, Itching|
|3.||Dust Allergy||Sneezing, Cough, Watery Eyes|
|4.||Drug Allergy||Rashes, Hives, Shortness of Breath|
|5.||Insect Allergy||Pain, Redness, Rash|
|6.||Allergic Rhinitis||Runny Nose, Nasal Congestion, Sneezing|
- Food Allergy:
It is an allergy to food or a substance in food. The most common foods that cause allergies are legumes (kidney beans, black gram), seafood (shrimp), eggplant, milk, peanuts, eggs, and even wheat. Protein in food also causes a kind of allergy in the body. Various studies have confirmed that up to 90 percent of people are allergic to peanuts, eggs, and other foods.
- Skin diseases:
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) – Dry red skin is itchy due to allergies and food exposure. The main cause is dryness in the skin, which results in irritation and inflammation. It is often associated with asthma, allergic rhinitis, and other types of food allergies.
- Dermatitis – This is a type of allergic process that occurs when the skin is exposed to certain types of allergens or alloys. Some people may suffer from an allergic reaction due to alloys like nickel, which results in rashes, irritation, and itching.
- Urticaria – This is also a type of allergic problem, sometimes also known as hives. When the immune system produces the hormone histamine, this problem begins to occur. Due to this small blood vessels under the skin are affected and swelling starts.
- Angioedema: Inflammation in the deeper layers of the skin due to allergies to food, drugs, insect bites. It is a problem of inflammation under the skin. It is usually a reaction to a trigger, such as a drug.
- Dust allergy:
It is a kind of allergy caused by dust, pollen, animal dandruff, or fungal spores. If you come in contact with the slightest dust and soil, you start sneezing again and again. If it gets cold, then this problem is dust allergy. You can do some home remedies for skin allergies to get rid of them.
Dust allergies are caused by dust particles entering the nose, closing the nose, coughing, coughing, and sore throat. This problem affects ordinary people, especially those who work in the dust. Therefore, you should use a mask when working in the dust.
- Insect allergies:
An allergy is caused by insect stings (bees, wasps) and bites (mosquitoes, bedbugs, fleas). Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and fire ants are the most common stinging insects. Non-stinging insects can also result in allergic reactions. Some of them are cockroaches and insect-like dust mites.
- Drug Allergy:
Allergic reaction due to intake in the form of liquid, pill, or drug injection. Most drug reactions are not allergic, but side effects can be felt due to the properties of the medicine. A diagnosis of the reason for the drug reaction is usually based only upon the patient’s record and signs.
Allergies are also caused by the chemical changes that the drug creates in the body or by the body’s negative immune response to the drug. This allergy is very deadly and can sometimes be fatal.
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever):
Seasonal (pollen season) or perennial (year-round) allergic rhinitis is caused by aerated pollen particles, dust particles, animal fur, fungal spores. With the change of weather and climate, people get Different Types Of Allergies. When the cold weather starts, there is constant sneezing. Similarly, in hot weather, red eyes dwarf on the face, skin changes.
Prevention of Different Types Of Allergies
If you want to prevent allergic reactions it depends on the type of allergy you have. Here are some measures that you can follow:
- Avoid Known Triggers: When treating your allergy symptoms, try to avoid triggers. If you are allergic to dust mites, dust, and vacuum and wash bedding regularly to avoid dust accumulation. Again, if you are allergic to pollen, stay inside with windows and doors closed.
- Pay attention to what your food is: Keep track of what you are eating throughout the day. Then you can easily identify what is causing your allergies. This can help you and your doctor identifies the trigger.
- Take medicine: The best possible way to keep your pain and swelling caused by allergies at bay is to take anti-allergy medications.
If a person believes they may have an allergy, a doctor may go through the following steps:
The doctor will start with a medical history diagnosis. Questions related to any symptoms, and past family history may be asked to know the triggers and risk factors.
Next, the doctor may perform a thorough physical examination of the person’s nose, mouth, eyes, ears, and hands for allergies.
Test Of Different Types Of Allergies
Below are some examples of allergy tests that a doctor may prescribe for further diagnosis:
- Blood tests: These measure the level of IgE antibodies to specific allergens in the immune system.
- Skin prick test: A doctor will prick the skin with a small amount of the possible allergen. If the skin becomes itchy, red, or swollen, the person may have an allergy.
- Patch test: To check for contact eczema, a doctor may tape a metal disc to the person with a small amount of a suspected allergen. Then check after every 48 hours.
Sometimes, allergies can be very common but sometimes they can be dangerous. Nonetheless, please discuss with your doctor for proper guidance on its diagnosis and treatment. If you do not pay attention to its signs/symptoms, it can lead to suffocation and even loss of life. We hope this blog post explains to you about Different Types Of Allergies and how to prevent them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the symptoms of allergies?
1. Bruising or itching on the body, runny nose
2. Eyes, itchy nose
3. Having a dry cough, but not a fever
4. Normal nasal congestion, but no runny nose is a symptom of an allergy.
5. Recurrent colds can sometimes be a symptom of an allergy.
How to protect your skin from allergies?
Hygiene is very important to protect the skin from allergies. Always keep the bed and clothes clean, wear a mask when you go out of the house, do not be too close to the animal, do not dye your hair as much as possible, find out which food you are allergic to, and do not eat that food.
If this blog post is informative for you, then make sure you share it with your beloved ones. Also, please don’t forget to share your feedback in the comments section below.