Constipation is one of the most common issues nowadays. In this topic, we know about what is the role of Mineral Oil For Constipation?
Approx 50% of people have constipation. Basically, constipation is a digestive problem, which occurs when a person has less than three bowels movement in a week. There are many medicines available, but, using them can many you dependant on medicines for bowels movement.
These medicines may have side effects on you. So, here is the solution. Try some clinically tested methods to remove constipation. You can also try a Home Remedy for Constipation. Generally, constipation is not a situation that you need to worry about. It is quite normal and a general issue.
One of the most common remedies is mineral oil. Many people use Mineral Oil For Constipation. We know facts about constipation, mineral oil, how to use it, and other benefits of mineral oil.
Causes Of Constipation
So, you might be wondering that if constipation is so common issue among people. Then, what is the cause behind it? What causes constipation? There are various reasons why people get constipation. The one main cause is irregular eating habits. A decrease in appetite or overeating can cause constipation.
Other causes of constipation may also include:
- Being dehydrated: Drinking less amount of water cause hard stool and thus, will be led to constipation and pain in the abdominal area. But many people don’t know that How Much Water Should We Drink A Day?
- Age: Growing older is also a factor. It has been observed that people who are above 60 years of age, generally suffer from constipation.
- Improper diet and unhealthy fast foods: Regular intake of fast foods or having an improper diet cause constipation as the food consumed is tough to digest.
- Lack of regular exercise: If you don’t exercise daily or do some work, then, it might cause you the problem of gas which can cause pain and constipation.
- Removing fiber foods from the diet: Fiber foods are the best solution to constipation. When there is a lack of fiber in food, then, a person can suffer from constipation
- Stress, Hormonal imbalance, menstrual cycle or pregnancy, intake of drugs, or other seductive substances may cause constipation.
Symptoms Of Constipation
Have you ever thought, what constipation feels like? If not, here are some basic symptoms of constipation.
Symptoms of constipation include:
- Having fewer bowel movements that is less than three in a week
- Feeling like gas and incomplete digestion
- Hard stool and pain
- Pain in the abdominal region
- Bloating of stomach
Often, people are confused with the symptoms of constipation. Some think that headaches and body pain also cause constipation. But, it is not true. Bad breath or breakage in the lining of the intestines, or rupture in the digestive system are not the causes of constipation. Don’t be mistaken. These are not the symptoms of constipation. If you have these kinds of problems, then, immediately meet a doctor.
What Is Mineral oil?
The mineral is a chemical substance, that has lots of health benefits. It is extracted from naturally occurring crude oil. Crude oil is a type of fossil fuel, which is found below the sea between the rocks. The crude oil is then processed and many other substances are made. Mineral oil is also a product of crude oil. Mineral oil is the colorless, tasteless, and odorless oily type of liquid.
It is insoluble in water and ethanol and soluble in benzene and petroleum. Mineral oil is used in cosmetic products, and food items and is completely safe to consume. People also use Mineral Oil For Constipation. Further details for using Mineral Oil For Constipation are given below.
How To Intake Mineral oil In Constipation?
You must be thinking that how we can use Mineral Oil For Constipation. So, it is verified that mineral oil can be taken directly or with water or with some other soluble liquid.
The direction of how to take Mineral Oil For Constipation relief is given below:
- Mineral oil takes about 6 to 8 hours to give relief from constipation. So, it is generally advised to take it overnight. Consuming mineral oil at night will give you relief from constipation till morning.
- It is advised that children should take only 15-30 ml of mineral oil. Consuming more than that might be harmful to them.
- Many Doctors say that children below age 6, should not take mineral oil. This might leave dangerous side effects.
- For adults, it is advised that a person should take 30 ml to 45 ml of mineral oil in one dose. The amount may vary on which product you are taking. You can ask your doctor to tell what quantity is good for you.
Side Effects Of Mineral oil In Constipation
It has been seen that using Mineral Oil For Constipation is very effective and gives relief overnight. But, there are also some side effects of using Mineral Oil For Constipation, when not used in the correct amount. People must check the amount of mineral oil they are consuming.
Some of the side effects of taking Mineral Oil For Constipation are as follows:
- Firstly, we cannot digest minerals. So, consuming in large amounts can cause a leak in the rectum and start irritation and mess in the rectum. Having in less quantity helps in cure of constipation. So, keep the check on the amount of mineral oil you are taking orally.
- If mineral oil is given to children, there is a chance of getting bad effects that include the respiratory issue and it may also result in pneumonia.
- Generally, mineral oil has bad effects that include rashes, itching, breathing issue, swelling, etc.
- If you or your children develop breathing issues after having mineral oil, then, immediately tell your doctor.
Precautions while using mineral oil
There are few things that one should keep in mind while using Mineral Oil For Constipation. There are some precautions that people should follow while consuming mineral oil. Keeping these points might help a person from not getting any side effects from mineral oil.
Few points that one should be careful while using mineral oil includes:
- Do not take mineral oil for a longer period of time. It might make you dependant on mineral oil for bowels movement. Excessive use of mineral oil may cause side effects unless not prescribed by a doctor.
- Pregnant women should strictly avoid the use of mineral oil as it can harm the baby.
- Don’t take mineral oil back to back after some other medicine. It can reduce the effect of the previous medicine.
- People having lungs issue or respiratory problems, should not use mineral oil as it can get into the lungs and can cause severe effects like pneumonia.
Other benefits of mineral Oil For skin
We not only use Mineral Oil For Constipation but it has also other benefits like, it is used in cosmetic products. It helps in getting rid of dry skin. Some other benefits of mineral oil other than using it for constipation include:
- Prevents dry skin
- Removal of ear wax
- Cure of eczema
- Removes cradle cap in babies and dandruff in adults
Can constipation be dangerous to health?
It has been seen that generally constipation is not a harmful issue. It is common problem and can be cured through natural home remedies. But, sometimes, it can have bad effects. If you don’t feel any improvement after using home remedies and normal medication, then, you should visit your doctor m don’t ignore it when you are facing a lot of pain in passing stool.
Can mineral oil cause cancer or other harmful effects?
Consuming mineral oil in large quantities causes harmful effects on your body like itching, rashes or breathing issue, etc. But, it doesn’t cause cancer. And, also, if a person takes mineral oil in the advised amount, then, it can help him or her in getting rid of constipation with no side effects.
Is olive oil more effective than mineral oil in constipation?
According to some research, it has been seen that mineral oil and olive oil have the same benefits and have an equal effect on constipation. Both are equally the same. Olive oil can be used as an alternative to mineral oil.