There’s no decorating and it’s delicious and fresh and it uses a ton of fresh blackberries. In this topic, we talk about the Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe.
I got so many requests from you guys, It is summertime it’s July to make a summertime-themed recipe so that is exactly what we’re gonna be doing today. I wanted to make something that was really simple. These are one of my favorite berries. I love blackberries this recipe is from my new cookbook baking all year round is a blackberry cobbler.
It is a family recipe wrote a little personal blurb about it that I’ll read to you right now. This is a storytime welcome to my storytime growing up in Seattle. There was never a shortage of blackberries flourishing in the wild using a little bit of a fancy word. There but basically there were so many blackberries they grew like weeds next to me.
The house was a park that had blackberry bushes. Everywhere during the summer my mom and I would spend hours picking enough berries to fill several buckets and then we take them home I don’t know if you guys do that but in the summertime. We used to just pick many berries bring them home bake different recipes with them.
We use them to make pies jams and cobblers. This is our family’s Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe love it very much need to get it because it’s blackberries very much okay moving on I love this recipe for so many reasons nostalgia and I love using fresh fruit baked into baked goods.
It’s just so good they’re naturally sweet and free. If you live in an area that produces a lot of berries like in the parks or in your backyard now growing up in Washington. There were a lot of blackberries but you can really use any berries that grow around you. You could use raspberries huckleberries blueberries you could use any berries and make cobble.
Ingredients For The Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 6 cups blackberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grated zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
So Let’s Make This Recipe Of The Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
If you want to follow along with this recipe at home can the
- First of all, we’re going to make this recipe is prepared our filling, which is your fresh berries nowhere I’ve got six cups of blackberries I’m first going to wash them rinse them and then.
- We’ve put it together just pour them into a strainer and rinse them in the sink after rinsing pour your berries into a large bowl. We got our rinsed berries and now we’ve got to get our lemon zest. So we’re going to use the zest of one full lemon. I’m using a little handheld pester. They’re really little and the zesting blades are very fine and use a zester with large jagged edges.
- But you just place it down and zest the outer skin of the lemon to zest lemon. You basically grate off the skin kind of like, you were grating cheese and you just keep doing. It until all of the skin is gone and the lemon is looking naked and it starts to turn a whitish color and be careful don’t get your fingers especially if you’re not using a really fine grated zester just be very careful with your fingers.
- We’ve got all the zest just put it in this little bowl make sure to get it off the back of the zester. It clumps back here.
- We now have all the ingredients we need to mix our filling together in a large bowl with the blackberries. You’re gonna mix in your lemon zest honey corn starch and salt next to toss everything together. you just want to be a little bit gentle because everything needs a little bit of honey and corn starch lot of other cobbler recipes.
- The filling is just berries and sugar just granulated sugar but Which is delicious there are so many different substitutes for sugar. You can really get creative like maple syrup delicious because it naturally has sugar this is great this is perfect this is what you want.
- All the berries are coated in honey and you can’t see any more cornstarch no more dry ingredients. This is a great filling now we’re going to pour all of the fillings into a casserole dish. This dish holds about two quarts. So you want a two-quart casserole dish and I just did a little bit of baking spray but you can use butter or whatever kind of grease. You got just pour in all the berries the spoon really helps here, oh my gosh, look at that so fresh so good yum right. I’m just gonna spread them out so.
They’re nice and even yum that smells so good. I cannot explain to you through the article. How good Fresh Blackberries Lemon and honey smell together. It smells so good but now we’ve got to make our cobbler dough so I’m gonna set this off to the side and let’s make that dough lets make some dough no let’s make some dough down. That’s my new wrap single first step to making the cobbler dough. We’re going to mix together our cream and honey and I’m using honey again because that’s what my mom did but in other recipes, this is where you would mix cream and sugar but we’re going to be using heavy cream and honey then mix together until well combined perfect.
That feels well mixed I’m going to keep this handy I’m going to put it right here and I’m going to start mixing my dry ingredients into a larger bowl add flour cornmeal. This gives it a great texture and flavor. I love it cinnamon baking powder and a little bit of salt salty next whisk together until well combined just keep mixing until all looks the same color okay looks good once mixed pour your cream mixture into the dry ingredients.
Like so then we’re gonna mix together, but this is the important part, don’t over mix as soon as no more dry ingredients are seen like as soon as they go away, stop, don’t over mix so we’ll just keep mixing until you can’t see any more dry ingredients. Oh, we’re almost there perfect boom our cobbler dough is ready our filling is ready and now we’re gonna scoop the dough on top of our cobbler.
I like to do inspections using a two-tablespoon scoop. You just scoop the dough and you put balls of dough over the top just like this, so you take a little scoop. Then we’re going to scoop it outright on top perfect. You’re just going to keep doing this and cover the whole top of your Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe. This is what gives it that great texture and fun design on top. When it bakes and I’m not sure, why but this is just how my family did it it’s great.
That’s what it looks like don’t worry if it looks a little messy cobblers look a little bit messy on the top. It also doesn’t need to cover every inch because the dough expands when it bakes and it also looks really good. When you get some little blackberries like a juicy The Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe just like coming out a little bit. This recipe is really a specialist’s also what my dad wanted the other year for his birthday his favorite cake was a german chocolate cake but for some reason the other year.
He was just craving this Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe every really cute little memory of a singing happy birthday and we put candles in this Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe. The last steps before you pop this in the oven and bakers. We’re just gonna cover the dough with some heavy cream and I’m doing this with a little baking brush. So you just put the brush into the cream and just cover the dough with it just like covering the dough with butter. We’re covering the top with a little heavy cream and it’s not too much just a little. This recipe is very tasty compare to other Smoothie Diets.
All right we’re going to give you a little bit more moisture. When you bake and lastly sprinkle a little bit of raw sugar on top. There’s no measurement for this you can do as little or as much as you’d like. I sprinkle about two teaspoons that are pretty normal over here. You can let some raw sugar fall on the blackberries to they like it is as simple as that this is ready to bake. You can make this easy fresh delicious summertime treat.
Now we’re gonna pop this in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for about an hour. It’s 50 minutes but keep your eye on it because every oven’s a little different. The fruit can be bubbling and you want the top to be golden brown but not burnt, so just keep your eye contour cobbler is hot fresh out of the oven and ta-da there. You have it homemade Perfect Blackberry Cobbler Recipe smells delicious. A big thank you to you guys for suggesting an easy summertime recipe because this is one of my favorites.
Okay, I’m actually gonna put this little oven mitt back on and I’m gonna get a little bit over here because you know just a little one for eyes. Oh, molly is your mouth watering right now. This is gonna be hot there’s nothing better than a fresh cobbler.
There are some good recipes coming to you like this one this is good this is delicious gonna be posting pictures and the recipe on this website and all over social media so you can check it out there and if you guys make this recipe please take a picture and send it to my love seeing your baking creations. It makes me happy it makes my day and don’t forget to use the hashtag grow recipe.