Carrot is root vegetable and as in almost every root fruit or vegetables, carbohydrates are very high likewise, carbs are also high in carrots.
6.7 of carbs are found in about 100 gm of carrots a medium carrot (60 gm) has around 4 of net carbs. Due to the availability of more carbohydrates, it is forbidden to be consumed in the keto diet. Carrot is an important food. It is rich in beneficial nutrients and healthy compounds.
Carrot is mainly found in 88% water, but when it is dry, it mainly contains 11% carbohydrate, carrots contain the same amount of carbs as starch.
How Many Calories In Carrots ?
100 gm carrot has about 28 calories. A medium-sized (60 gm) carrot provides only 25 calories.
Despite being a starchy root vegetable, carrots are a low-calorie vegetable. Most of the calories in carrots come from carbohydrates.
But due to the high amount of water, it is found to be low in carbs.
How Many Nutrition In Carrots ?
Carrots is a rich source of Vitamin ‘A’ carrots are low in calories and a moderate source of carbs.
It is also rich in other nutrients. In addition to Vitamin A, carrots are also found in Fiber and Vitamin ‘K’. In carrots, Vitamin ‘B’, Vitamin ‘C’, Vitamin ‘E’, Potassium, Calcium and manganese are found in very small amounts.
It is also low in fat and protein. There are many types of carrots as well. It is divided on the basis of color and shape. Therefore, the nutrition found in them can also be high and low.
According to the USDA, the following nutrition information is given in 1 medium-sized (60 gm) carrot.
- Carbohydrate:- 4 gm
- Calories:- 25 gm
- Fiber:- 1.7 gm
- Fat:- 0 gm
- Sugar:- 2.9 gm
- Sodium:- 42 mg
- Protein:- 0.6 gm
- Vitamins :- Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Beta Carotene, Folate & Vitamin C.
- Minerals :- Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus & Iron.
Health Benefits With Carrot
Carrots are considered the most famous superpower for your eyes. It is also rich in beta-carotene it is also considered to be the main source of Vitamin ‘A’. it helps to protect your eyes from the sun and reduces cataracts and other eye problems. The lutein present in yellow carrots also prevents your age-related macular degeneration.
Carrots have also more health benefits, such as-
- The Vitamin ‘C’ in it, helps to your body make antibodies and strengthen the immune system. The presence of Vitamin ‘C’ in carrots also helps to your body take iron and prevent from infections.
- Consuming raw carrots can help keep constipation low and regular, providing you with high fiber.
- The potassium present in it controls your blood pressure and fiber maintains your healthy weight.
- The antioxidants and fiber present In it can also help reduce your chances of heart disease.
- The antioxidants present in it reduce the changes of cancer by fighting harmful free radicals in your body. There are mainly two types of antioxidants in carrots. Carotenoids and anthocyanins carotenoids are carrot orange and yellow, white anthocyanin is a red and violet color factor.
- The fiber present in carrots is helpful in reducing diabetes by controlling blood sugar levels and Vitamin ‘A’ and beta-carotene in it also reduce your risk of diabetes.
- The calcium and Vitamin ‘K’ present in it makes your bonus strong and healthy.
- Beta-carotene present in carrots gives a protective effect against dental in issues.
- Based on a study, it has been found that carrots may reduce cognitive benefits, such as the risk of dementia consuming cooked carrots or raw carrots is an active away to stay fast with age.
Side Effect Of Carrots
- Carrots do not cause dangerous side-effects, but if you eat, it in large quantities, a harmless condition called carotenemia is encountered. It this condition, your skin turns yellow.
- There is not enough reliable information about carrots, but some people may be allergic to it when applied to the skin.
- If pregnant or lacting women consume excessive amounts of carrots they may notice jaundice in the breast. The reason is the beta-carotene. Present in carrots.
- Large amounts of carrots in infants and young children can cause yellowing of the skin and tooth decay.
- If you are allergic to celery and related spice plants. So you may also be allergic to carrots. This is called “celery-carrot-mug wort-spice syndrome.”