Asthma is a long-term disease, commonly called chronic disease. There are different Types Of Asthma on the basic shown symptoms. Asthma is a chronic disease and so, it can not be cured.
It is related to the breathing issue. It is a condition in which a person’s breathing path becomes narrow and then, further led to excess production of mucus which in return causes breathing issues. It also produces a wheezing type sound which breathing in and out.
For some people, asthma is a normal disease and for some, it might cause severe attacks that can be deadly. It can only be controlled by reducing its symptoms.
The basic symptoms of asthma include:
- Tightening of chest
- Breathing issue
- Wheezing sound production while coughing
- Sleeping issue due to breathing problem
If these Types Of Asthma symptoms are appearing on regular basis, then, you must visit a doctor. Sometimes, asthma can be life-threatening if the symptoms are more often and severe. There are generally four Types Of Asthma. All these Types Of Asthma are explained below.
4 Various Types of Asthma
There are various Types Of Asthma. On the basis of how symptoms are seen in a person, asthma can be classified into 4 types, that is:
- Mild Intermittent Asthma: As its name suggests, this type of asthma lasts for very little time. The symptoms are very mid or less and occur generally in two weeks or in a month. It also means that asthma. Is in control. It does not interfere with the person’s regular activities.
- Mild Persistent Asthma: In these Types Of Asthma, the symptoms show up more often. A person can experience two to three asthma attacks in a week and more than four in a month. Symptoms are mild but are persistent.
- Moderate Persistent Asthma: As its name says, the asthma symptoms are moderate. The symptoms also show up regularly or at least one time a week. The asthma symptoms are persistent and they affect regular activities. A person should take necessary precautions and medicines prescribed by the doctor.
- Severe Persistent Asthma: In this Types Of Asthma, the symptoms show up for more than one or two in a day. And also, the symptoms are severe. It also limits the regular activities of a person. This Types Of Asthma is difficult to treat and can cause severe effects.
There is one more classification of Types Of Asthma, which is on the basis of how asthma affects a person’s regular life, what is its impact. On this basis, it has the following two categories, i.e. well-controlled asthma and poorly controlled asthma.
Well-controlled asthma means that a person has very few symptoms and is generally rare. A person’s regular activities aren’t restricted due to asthma. The symptoms are in control and a person does not suffer more. Some basic features of a person having well-controlled asthma are:
- There is no asthma attack more than two times a week.
- No restrictions for regular activities.
- No school or job off because of an asthma attack
- Merely no pain in the chest
- There is no breathing issue.
- There are no symptoms of asthma at night.
- A person has no problem in walking and does not gets Breathing Issue while walking.
An individual has breathing issues and has night asthma attacks. He or she must be experiencing breathing issues while walking fast. Regular activities are affected badly due to asthma. Chest pain is also very common. If the person is having poorly controlled asthma, then, he or she must visit a good doctor so that problem doesn’t worsen. Asthma can be dangerous sometimes if it is not taken care of. If you continue to ignore its symptoms, then, it may result in some bad incidents.
There are few more Types Of Asthma, you must have heard about. These are some common terms used in asthma. Some of the other Types Of Asthma are given below:-
- Acute Asthma: It is an asthma condition that refers to when you have an asthma attack or when you are experiencing some breathing issue or chest pain, due to this the chances of heart attack increase.
- Adult-Onset Asthma: Asthma can be infected at any stage of life. When a person starts having asthma since childhood, then, it is referred to as Adult-onset asthma.
- Allergic Asthma: When a person starts showing asthma issues after getting allergic. Asthma to them is caused due to allergies like perfume, dust, food, etc. which is known as allergic asthma.
- Non-allergic Asthma: This Types Of Asthma refers to asthma that occurs due to air particles, cold, microorganisms, etc. In this type, asthma attacks are not caused by an allergy. So, it is known as non-allergic asthma.
- Asthma-COPD Overlap: COPD means Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. When a person has asthma as well as COPD at the same time, then, it is known as asthma-COPD overlap condition. It is generally seen in old people or smokers. If you want to Quit Smoking then you can learn about quitting here.
- Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction (EIB): It is a condition in which a person experiences a little narrowing of the lower airway. This is generally due to excessive exercise. A person can experience EIB even if he or she is not infected from asthma.
- Occupational Asthma: This is related to new-onset asthma. In this type, a person gets asthma attacks due to chemicals, perfumes, gases, or dust, etc.
- Work-exacerbated Asthma:When asthma increases in a person due to the surrounding triggers like perfumes, dust, gases, etc.
- Bronchial Asthma: It is the type of asthma in which a person has periodic asthma effects. Wheezing sound is common while breathing and asthma attacks are commonly seen periodically.
- Nocturnal Asthma: It is the asthma condition when a person gets asthma worsen at night due to dust, or bed or cold at night.
- Reactive Airways: This means that a person profiles wheezing sounds while breathing. And he or she might be in the stage of getting asthma. It also means that a person’s airways are over-reactive and show irritation when comes in contact with perfumes, dust, etc.
- Seasonal Asthma: When a person has an asthma issue only in a particular season. For instance, a person experiences an asthma attack only in winter because of cold, and rest of the year, he or she has merely no symptoms. Then, it is called seasonal asthma.
- Viral Asthma: When a person’s asthma symptoms are triggered by a virus such as cold or influenza, then, it is known as viral asthma.
- Thunderstorm Asthma: This Types Of Asthma is caused when pollen grains are burst in the open air. And, pollen grains release tiny particles, which can cause irritation and asthma to many people. When these tiny particles come in contact with a person who is allergic to it, then they might start getting asthma symptoms to worsen. This condition is called thunderstorm asthma. It spreads mostly due to thunderstorms.
- Diagnosed Severe Asthma: It is a condition in which a person has severe asthma symptoms. They are experiencing very bad effects of asthma and it is not controlled by high doses of medicines too. This Types Of Asthma is known as diagnosed severe asthma.
- Silent Asthma: In this Types Of Asthma, a person doesn’t show wheezing sound while breathing. When a person gets an asthma attack, if they start showing silent chest, then, it is a symptom of worse asthma condition as there is no moving in and out of air.
What is the most common type of asthma?
Allergic asthma is the most common and general type of asthma. Around 16 million people or more than that are infected with it. In this type, a person may not show any symptoms or effects unless they are in contact with some allergic triggers.
What is the root cause of asthma?
The main cause of asthma may vary from person to person. There is no proper reason why a person is infected with asthma. Asthma is a condition where a person experiences a problem in breathing. Some environmental triggers can cause and give rise to asthma symptoms.
What are common asthma triggers?
Some common types of asthma triggers are:-
2. various types of gases
3. food items
4. pollen grains