When it comes to taking care of our bodies and improving the outlook of our overall health. For this, we talk about The Top 10 Best Foods For Nervous System.
One thing that we often overlook is the nervous system. We often forget how important it is to keep our nerves and neurons in great condition. just like every other tissue organ and system of the body.
Our nervous system requires adequate nourishment. That is why it’s important to eat a diet with foods that offer benefits for your nerves. many people don’t realize it but there are certain foods that studies found to work wonders on the health of our neurons.
10 Best Foods For Nervous System
- Fish:- Fish is the Best Foods For Nervous System. This is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids which are known to reduce the risk of heart disease and other conditions. Studies found that omega-3 fatty acids work to repair nerve damage after an injury has occurred. Unfortunately, our bodies don’t produce omega-3 on their own.
This means we need to get them from our diet and eating more fish. Fish is a great way to do just that but if you’re not a fish eater you could consider taking a fish oil supplement. Fish oil is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties which makes it great for repairing damaged nerves and treating neuropathy. It relieves muscle pain and soreness. Fish oil is generally considered to be safe for consumption.
- Banana:- Bananas are good for the nervous system is because they are high in vitamin B6. This vitamin helps the body to produce neurotransmitters. Which is a chemical that helps send signals throughout all the organs and tissues of the body. You can get nearly 25% of your daily vitamin B6. Just by eating one delicious banana which as we mentioned can provide some great benefits for your nervous system. This is also the Best Foods For Nervous System.
- Chia Seeds:- Chia seeds are loaded with some amazing minerals and antioxidants. One that is often overlooked is calcium usually. When you think of calcium the first thing that comes to mind is strong healthy bones. however many don’t realize that calcium also supports the nervous system. Actually, calcium plays role in the formation of brain cells.
Calcium helps form the pathways for communication to other parts of the body. This is important because calcium can help repair nerve cells and build them back up. Once they become damaged this is why Chia Seeds and other calcium-rich superfoods can offer benefits Food For Nervous System.
- Coconut:- Coconuts are loaded with nutritious components that can offer an array of benefits for the human body. we’re not going to get into all the differences and benefits of eating raw coconut versus a dry coconut.
However, when it comes to the nervous system what we really need to focus on is coconut oil. That is because it is loaded with medium-chain triglycerides or more commonly known as MCTs. The MCTs in coconut oil serves as an alternative energy source to glucose. Which can actually benefit people with impaired memory or brain functionality mcts also produce ketones.
which have become extremely popular over recent years for those. Who use the ketogenic diet for weight loss or other benefits studies found that ketones can also increase cognitive functioning and our ability to focus.
- Ginger:- Ginger is often known to be one of the healthiest and tastiest superfoods on the entire planet. Turmeric and curcumin are two ingredients of the ginger family that offer many different benefits for the human body. Ginger is Foods For Nervous System. A study showed that these powerful components work to provide protection for neurons and can be helpful in those with diabetic neuropathy.
- Berries:- Berries are often recognized for their antioxidant benefits. However, studies found that they may be beneficial Foods For Nervous System. anthocyanins are a type of flavonoid that is found in red, blue, and purple berries. It crosses the blood-brain barrier and can protect brain cells from aging and potentially also reduces the risk of diseases such as cancer. It also protects the brain from inflammation that can damage neurons impair motor skills and reduce cognitive functioning.
Not to mention according to clinical findings published by science daily consuming berries may also be beneficial in treating diseases. such as Alzheimer’s and other mental disorders. Some of the healthiest options include blueberry strawberries and blackberries.
- Brussels Sprouts:- Brussels Sprouts actually contain several beneficial nutrients but one that is alpha-lipoic acid is a compound. That is loaded with antioxidant properties and has been shown to help with the glucose levels of people with metabolic syndrome.
When it comes to the nervous system alpha-lipoic acid can offer benefits to those with multiple sclerosis. Which is a chronic disease that causes the protective covering of the nerves to be damaged. It also works to reduce the pain numbness and tingling sensation. That can come with diabetic neuropathy. This is the Best Foods For Nervous System.
- Clams:- Clams are chewy little shellfish that are surprisingly packed with several beneficial nutrients. One that we need to talk about is vitamin B12. B12 is a vitamin that is typically known as an energy booster. But people don’t realize that it offers benefits for your nerves. Vitamin B12 helps the body to create DNA. Which essentially works to keep the nerve cells healthy. This is also Best Foods For Nervous System.
If your body is deficient in vitamin b12 nerve problems such as numbness and tingling in the hands and feet can occur not work. You can get more than 3000 of your b12 daily value just by eating only 10 small clams. So yeah to say that they are loaded with this important vitamin is an understatement.
- Dark Chocolate:- Dark Chocolate is loaded with several nutrients. That can positively affect your overall health but one point that is magnesium. One study found that those who consume high levels of magnesium in their diet were less likely to experience the negative side effects that come with neuropathy.
while more research and testing are needed in this area the preliminary findings do seem to be promising dark chocolate also contains cocoa. Which has been shown to significantly improve cognitive functioning in the brain.
- Avocado:- Avocados are widely considered to be one of the top superfoods around the world. They loaded with anti-stress b vitamins. Avocados also contain high amounts of potassium. The central nervous system relays signals from the brain to other parts of the body. For this mechanism to occur the body relies on potassium to generate nerve impulses. An average-sized avocado contains up to 900 milligrams of potassium. Which is about 20% of the daily recommended value.
These Are The Best Foods For Nervous System one step closer to protecting your nerves and taking better care of your nervous system as always