There are definitely Worst Foods That Clog Your Arteries that many of us eat that can increase the likelihood of a blockage, and that is exactly what we are going to talk about in this article. Because there’s one food that almost everyone eats far too often.
Arteries are the blood vessels that transport oxygenated blood from the heart to the rest of the body. As you know, our bodies rely on oxygen for survival which means that our arteries serve a pretty important purpose.
But sometimes our diet and lifestyle choices can cause arteries to become clogged which increases the likelihood of a heart attack or stroke. This is a term that is referred to as atherosclerosis and it often goes unnoticed until symptoms such as chest pain start to arise.
Top 10 Worst Foods That Clog Your Arteries
- French Fries: French Fries are the Worst Foods That Clog Your Arteries and High potato consumption, in general, has been linked to an increased risk of hypertension and type 2 diabetes. But when you deep-fry them in oil full of trans fat, it only makes them even worse when it comes to taking care of your heart and cardiac health.
- Pizza: While pizza is delicious, let’s take a step back and look at the ingredients:
- Refined flour in the dough
- Fatty cheese
- Sugary sauce
- Processed meats
They are full of saturated fat sodium and nitrates. It’s an amazing combo that is hard to beat when it comes to taste. However, it’s best to keep your pizza consumption to a minimum when it comes to protecting your arteries and cardiovascular system.
- Fried Chicken: Grilled or roasted chicken is a healthy and nutritious food that is packed with protein and amino acids. But after it has been battered and deep- fried in hydrogenated oil and grease, then it’s a whole different story. The frying process strips away all of its nutritional benefits while packing it full of unhealthy trans fat which is linked to an increased risk of developing heart disease. Fried chicken may be finger-lickin’ good, but when it comes to taking care of your heart attack, it’s probably best to stick to grilling or baking.
- Soda: In general, most types of soda are loaded with sugar and full of empty calories and processed carbohydrates. The overconsumption of sugar leads to obesity which is directly linked to a number of chronic diseases, including heart disease. A study found that drinking one can of soda per day increases your risk of dying from cardiovascular disease by approximately 30%. So soda is Worst Foods That Clog Your Arteries, you can save a little money by ordering water instead of soda which is usually free and a much healthy alternative.
- Processed Meats: If you’re only looking at the calories, deli meats may seem like a healthy and nutritious option. But what many people don’t realize is that they are actually extremely high in sodium. Sodium one of the culprits that leads to cardiovascular disease. Unfortunately, studies found that most individuals consume too much sodium in their diet. It’s foods such as this that is one of the reasons why. Processed daily meats are also high in nitrates which have been shown to cause inflammation which can lead to atherosclerosis. Worst Foods That Clog Your Arteries to avoid include lunch meat, bacon, hot dogs, sausage, and salami.
- Red Meat: Eating too much beef, lamb, or pork has been linked to an increased risk for heart disease and diabetes. The reason is, red meat tends to be high in saturated fat which elevates your cholesterol levels and increases your risk of a heart attack or stroke. One study found that those who eat two or more servings of red meat per week had a higher risk of cardiovascular disease and premature death. You never eat red meat ever again. just be mindful of how much of it you are consuming in your diet. If yo take ever again Red Meat then this Worst Foods That Clog Your Arteries.
- Donuts: Doughnuts are triple bad when it comes to the health of your heart:
- They’re made of refined flour.
- They’re loaded with sugar.
- They’re deep-fried in grease.
Does deep-fried sugary bread really sound like a good idea? Tasty? Yes good for your heart? Absolutely not. And to top it all off, donuts are usually high in sodium. If a donut is your dessert of choice, that’s fine. Just make sure that you know what you’re biting into.
- Ice Cream: Unfortunately, ice cream is high in sugar, calories, and saturated fat. None, of which, are doing your heart any favors. It’s also high in cholesterol as well which can cause your arteries to become clogged over time. Ice cream contributes to weight gain which, as we mentioned, puts a strain on your entire cardiovascular system. Instead of ice cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet are some healthier alternatives. Or you can consider making your own healthy ice cream by blending frozen bananas and fruits.
- Fancy Coffee: Coffee itself is not the problem. Yes, it does contain caffeine which can increase your heart rate and blood pressure. But, when consumed in moderation, coffee in general is fine. It is what you put into your coffee that is the issue. We’re talking about the:
- Whipped cream
- Condensed milk
Once you add in all of the unhealthy ingredients, you guys are no longer drinking coffee. That concoction is basically a milkshake. All of the extra sugar and calories lead to weight gain which, over time, increases your risk of heart disease. While black coffee doesn’t taste as good, it’s much better for your waistline and for your cardiovascular system.
- Potato Chips: Much of what we just said about french fries applies to potato chips as well. They are typically loaded with sodium and saturated fat which both have been shown to put a strain on your heart. Potato chips are quite addicting which is why they’re one of the foods that contribute most to obesity. So do your heart a favor on your next grocery trip by skipping these crunchy snacks and leaving them behind.
Hopefully, you’re now one step closer to improving your diet, keeping your arteries clean, and improving your overall health. As always, to be safe, be sure to speak with your doctor for medical advice and treatment because they will know more about your individual condition.